Habitat young professionals
Habitat Young Professionals aims to connect emerging leaders and socially conscious young adults through Habitat's mission. Those who are 25-35 (or young at heart) are encouraged to participate.
Habitat Young Professionals:
• Build houses
• Plan and attend monthly socials
• Partner with other local organizations
• Mentor the Student Builders group
Volunteering at the job site has launched countless memories, team unity, great friendships and even a few marriages. Come be part of the fun!
Contact Gloria at 361-573-2511 to learn more about the next build date or social.
Like us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information on build days and social events!
Habitat Student Builders is a movement within Habitat designed to engage young people, ages 5-25, in Habitat’s mission. While construction volunteering can be limiting with age, Student Builders are able to still able to organize fundraiser, participate in community awareness, build projects for the houses (such as windowsills) and more.
The four main goals of the Habitat Student Builders program are:
- Provide leadership roles for young people
- Involve diverse youth from different organizations, faiths, age groups and backgrounds working together in meaningful volunteer roles
- Actively involve Habitat homeowner children as volunteer partners
- Engaging youth people in Habitat’s mission and in their local communities