The Golden Crescent Habitat's neighborhood revitalization program - BRUSH UP GOLDEN CRESCENT - helps preserve home ownership by partnering with homeowners struggling to maintain their home.
When basic expenses exceed income month after month, home maintenance is the usual casualty. Years of deferred maintenance can cause a downward spiral of home deterioration and unsafe living conditions. By making minor repairs to houses, homeowners are able to continue to safely live in their homes.
Since 2016, Golden Crescent Habitat has repaired 31 homes in Victoria and Lavaca counties.
Why Brush Up Golden Crescent is Important:
1. Ramps and rails provide safer entry into the houses
2. Improves health for homeowners
3. Paint protects the outside of the house
4. Long-term house sustainability for homeowners
5. Brings the community together
Brush Up Helps Homeowners Who:
1. Demonstrate a need for assistance
2. Have an income below 80% of Victoria County median income
3. Own a house in the five-county Golden Crescent Habitat service area - DeWitt, Goliad, Jackson, Lavaca, Victoria
4. Complete five hours of sweat equity, such as picking up trash
Apply for the Program
To make an appointment to submit your application, contact Cheryl Johnston, Family Services Coordinator, at 361-573-2511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.